NSC Olimpiyskiy: Olympic Stadium in Kyiv
On Saturday, October 8, 2011 after a lengthy renovation opened Kyiv Olympic stadium, NSC Olimpiyskiy.
Formerly called the National Stadium and looked like this:
And now the Olympic Stadium is home playground of the country, to which 1 July next year and will be the final match of Euro 2012.
Capacity - 70 050 seats. Of these, 150 seats are equipped specifically for theDisabled, 1497 - for journalists, 366 - for commentators.
Here is the Stadium Olimpiyskiy today:
And the opening day of Kiev Olympic Stadium looked like this:
Pictures of the Olimpiyskiy Stadium Bird's Eye View
We have already talked about how to look past the NSC . We talked about what a long and difficult life lived for the main sports arena of Ukraine. And you've seen the pictures of the Olimpiyskiy Stadium from the past.
Also on our site you can see how the stadium looks like today and how were builtone of the main arenas for Euro 2012.
Today, we want to show you pictures of Kyiv Olympic Stadium Bird's Eye View.
I'm sure it will be interesting!
The history of the Olympic Stadium
The Olympic Stadium in Kyiv (NSC Olimpiyskiy) will host Euro 2012. That it will Final match of Euro 2012. At the same time, the Olympic stadium is a Sports Arena about nearly 90-year history. And the main milestones of the story we want to show today.
Thus, the history of the Olympic stadium in pictures.
The history of the Olympic Stadium stadium is the date of August 12, 1923, when the "Red Stadium name of Trotsky" held its first competition of the first Olympics in the Kiev region.
The opening ceremony of the Red Stadium August 12, 1923
The name "Red Stadium Trotsky" was chosen according to the revolutionary traditions of the time. The red color in the names of many plants has dominated for many years. The name of Trotsky in the name of the stadium is only meaningful in 1923.
Sporting event on the Red Stadium, 1925
In 1924, the Olympic Stadium was rebuilt a little football field with a focus 120h70 meters west - east. Gradually the stadium changed its face.
Sports festival "Live Chess" on the Red Stadium, 1925
We continue to tell the history of the Olimpiyskiy Stadium. Since 1925, on the Red stadium took place most games in the city championship.
Red stadium was then the best in town football arena, so before the opening of the stadium "Dynamo" on the Red stadium were all important matches of the championship in Kiev, and international matches.
Red Stadium football field, Kiev 1932
In 1934, when Kiev was the capital of the Ukrainian SSR, once the question arose about the need for more facilities arena.
1935 was adopted a draft young architect Michael Grechin named "The Ukrainian Republican stadium."
Project in the stadium stands were provided for 50 000 spectators. It was supposed to build a grand stadium, sports arena that would become one of the largest in the Soviet Union - after the stadiums in Moscow and Leningrad.
The second inauguration of a fully renovated stadium received a new name - The National Stadium of Nikita Khrushchev had been scheduled for June 22, 1941
Colorful posters were invited to the opening of Kiev Stadium Park. Tickets for the match already sold. But on the day morning June 22, 1941 the war began. The German Army crossed the Soviet border, the first bombs fell Kiev, and, of course, there is no football game, nor the opening of the stadium did not happen.Sold tickets no one was taking. They have declared to be valid until better times.
A ticket for the opening of the stadium, scheduled for June 22, 1941.
September 19, 1941 in Kiev joined forces conquerors. Republican Stadium officially renamed the Ukrainian National Stadium. At the time of the occupation of the stadium was opened on July 12, 1942.
After the liberation of Kiev from fascist invaders November 6, 1943, the stadium had to be restored. With the help of residents of the city for nearly half the stadium was landscaped.
Photos of the stadium from the air. September of 1943.
Already June 25, 1944 the stadium was officially opened. Scoreboard did not exist until 1949, and the results of the match showed the plates hung on masts with ladders. To replace the plate during a match on a mast rising workers stadium.
Kiev Republican Stadium before built a second story
In the summer of 1954 completed the construction of the main facade of the stadium - a colonnade with a service entrance to the courtyard of the administrative building. These columns were Business Card of the stadium.
Kiev Central Stadium
Also in 1956, the stadium appeared more modern scoreboard clock in the middle, equipped with electric lights, which displays the score in the operator's command.
Central Stadium, 1961
In October 1962, The National Stadium of Nikita Khrushchev changed its name to the Central Stadium.
Rehearsal for the sports festival at the Republican Stadium
The second general reconstruction of the stadium began in 1966. Update stadium planned for the 50th anniversary of the October Revolution (1967).
In 1967, the Republican Stadium, there was a second tier
Third time for major repairs and reconstruction of the Central Stadium was closed in 1977 in connection with the football tournament XXII Summer Olympic Games in 1980 in Kiev. To do this, the margin has been improved drainage field, and the soil is completely replaced and planted with grass. On the eastern platform was installed for the Olympic flame bowl. Also found four new lighting poles, height of 82 meters.At each pole there were 132 lamps of 3.5 kW each. During the period of reconstruction in the sports complex was built two soccer fields, playground for the discus throw, cannon balls, javelin and hammer, a unique new diving board, which held the cable-stayed design.
Springboard for jumping on the Republican Stadium
The central platform and commentator booths Republican stadium, 1980.
Also, this project was built over a reporter's complex upper tier of the west platform, where the high towers were installed commentator booth. It has been established and two new scoreboards size 18h6 m: left shows time, date and temperature, and the right - the name of instructions, the score the authors and goals scored.
In the foreground - Sports Palace, behind - Republican Stadium, 1980
By the Olympic football tournament in 1980 the stadium back its historical name - the Republic.
Congratulations Ukrainian Olympians at the Republican Stadium. 1980
The central entrance to the National Stadium in Kiev, 1980
In 1996 stadium was named - National sports complex "Olimpiyskiy". This status is confirmed by the Presidential Decree.
Reconstruction of the National Sports Complex "Olimpiyskiy" was launched in August 2008 as part of the preparation and holding of finals of the 2012 European Cup.
NSC Olimpiyskiy in Euro 2012
At the heart of Kyiv, at the foot of Mount Cherepanova, is one of the largest of sports facilitie in Europe. Since 1996, the main sports arena in Ukraine is called the National sports complex" Olympic ". Its central part is a large sports arena to a football field, athletic track and two-story stands for spectators.
NSC Olimpiyskiy 2012 has undergone several renovations and 5 times changed its name.
NSC Olimpiyskiy after renovation in 1980
During the European Football Championship 2012 to be held in Ukraine and Poland,the Olympic Stadium must undergo the planned three group matches, one quarter-finals and finals of European Football Championship.
Capacity of 70 050
Field size 105 × 68 m