Donbass Arena. The stadium in Donetsk
Donbass Arena stadium was designed long before decision about to host Euro 2012 in Ukraine had been made. Actually, Donbass Arena is the first stadium, which was ready to receive guests at Euro 2012.
Therefore, "Donbass Arena" is a stadium located in the heart of the city Donetsk in the city park of culture recreation. The opening of the stadium on 29 August 2009. Donbass Arena stadium calculated for 50 000 spectators.
This is the first stadium in Eastern Europe, designed and constructed according to the standards category "five stars". For accreditation UEFA and FIFA - the building with the class "elite".
Design of Donbass Arena stadium was developed by "ArupSport." At one time, the company "ArupSport" participated in the creation of such stadiums: "Manchester City" (England), "Allianz Arena" (Germany) and "Sydney" (Australia).
Now we offer you see looks like Donbass Arena today:
Donbass Arena stadium: interesting Facts
Every state, every family, every man has his own Guinness Book of Records: their characteristics and achievements.
And the stadium Donbass Arena in Donetsk has its own records, interesting facts and features. It is devoted to these facts the present post.
• June 27, 2006 - the start of construction.
• construction budget in view of improvement of the park area around the stadium - $ 400 million
• More than 160 000 cu. m of concrete were used in the building shell.
• 12 295 tonnes for the manufacture of valves spent a skeleton structure.
• 458 761 cu. m of soil were dug under the foundation pit.
• 234 376 sq. km. - the total area of the site.
• About 1200 km of cable were laid for various systems.
• 1158 days have passed from the start of construction to the opening of the arena.
• August 29, 2009 the official opening of the stadium.
• 51 504 - total number of seats for spectators.
• 1 159 seats for the press (424 - for print media, 432 - for non-print media, 168 - reviewers, 45 - commentator booths on three seats each).
• 196 places for people with disabilities and their carers (104 and 92 respectively).
• 1830 - the total number of seats in restaurants, bars and cafes stadium.
• More than 1000 parking spaces (including 245 - underground parking) provided at the stadium.
• Less than 1 hour is required to completely fill the stands of the arena.
• About 8 minutes required for the evacuation of all guests the stadium.
• 24 000 sq. km. is the area of glazing of the facade of the arena.
• The depth of underground facilities: parking - 12 m, dressing rooms for athletes - 8 m, media space rooms - 4 m.
• 54 m - height of the stadium from field level to its highest point.
• 83,823 square meters is the total area of all levels of the arena.
• 93% of the Tribune covers the roof, and only 3800 of the lower tier of seats remain open.
• 24-point first-aid (18 fixed and 6 mobile units) will be run concurrently.
• 53 fast food, fan cafe, 4 "silver" bars, 3 restaurants ("Diamond", "Platinum", "Gold"), media cafe and lounge bar will satisfy the taste of any visitor.
• 2,000 lux is the lighting intensity, ensured by 272 high-precision targeting spotlights mounted along the perimeter of the stadium's roof..
• 6000 ports installed in the stadium for simultaneous connection to the network.
• 448 cameras provide a video surveillance system.
• 588 monitors installed at the stadium.
• 92 square meters - the area of each of the 2-panel LED display.
• 267 m - total length of the line electronic billboards.
• weighs 50 tons logo design arena, its height - 8, width - 14 m.
• The size of a football field: 105 x 68 m.
• 7992 sq. km - the area of natural grass cover, 1877 square meters - synthetic.
• 26 automatic sprinklers irrigate the field.
• 25 hectares is the area of the park area.
• 13 hectares of the total area of green lawns of the park.
• 77 000 plants were planted in the park (of which 281 trees and about 35 000 rose bushes).
• 40,5 m is equal to the total weight of the ball, fountain, located at the southern entrance (28 m - the ball (solid granite), and 12.5 m-stand).
• 228 m3 of water circulates within the fountain cascades facing Chelyuskintsev St.
• 15 000 cu. m is the volume of water in the pond on the south side.
• Highest attendance: 05/05/2010 - 52 518 spectators.
• The highest attendance of show programs: 14.05.2011. The solemn ceremony of the 75th anniversary of FC "Shakhtar" - 53 353 spectators.
Photos of the Donbass Arena inside
How does stadium Donbass Arena look inside? Today we'll show you what it looks like inside.